Title of the training
European Union Climate Policies
1 day (6 hours)
Purpose and scope
EU Climate Policies have the potential to directly or indirectly affect the member states as well as the countries and regions with which the Union or the member states have trade and financial relations. In this context, the aim of the training is to provide participants with up-to-date information on the background of EU climate policies, scope of climate change in framework action programmes, sustainable development strategy, climate mitigation goals, climate change adaptation policies and climate finance.
EU Climate Policy training focuses on providing basic information and an overview of EU climate policies to groups such as high school and university students, graduate students, academics, technical staff, experts, managers, etc. working in NGOs, public institutions and organizations, local governments and the business world. However, the content and scope of this training may be adapted according to the educational status, professional qualifications and learning needs of the participants.
This training is given by experts who have taken part in international and national projects on global climate policies, EU climate policies and climate policies in Turkey and have training experience in these subjects.
Objectives and learning outcomes
Those who have completed the EU Climate Policy training are expected to;
- Describe the effects of climate change on Europe,
- Explain the European Union’s international climate commitments,
- Understand the links between the EU’s environmental programmes and climate change,
- Explain the roles of the European Union in global climate policies on a global scale,
- Explain the EU’s sustainable development strategy,
- Interpret the long-term, current vision for climate change and sustainable development planned for Europe by 2050,
- Explain the climate and energy policies of the European Union,
- Assess how climate change affects the European Union,
- Explain the relationship between EU climate policies and climate finance.
EU Climate Policy training includes the following topics:
- Impacts of climate change on Europe
- The EU’s international climate commitments
- Climate change in EU environmental action programmes
- The leading position of the EU in global climate policies
- EU sustainable development strategy and climate change
- Long-term, up-to-date vision for a climate-neutral Europe by 2050
- Climate and energy policies of the EU
- Adaptation to the effects of climate change in the EU
- The EU and climate finance
Delivery and method
It is preferable that European Union Climate Policy training is implemented in the form of face-to-face training. However, if conditions arise that prevent the face-to-face implementation of this training, especially epidemic diseases, the training may be delivered remotely by using the Me-Learning© online learning platform and the Actio© meeting management tool.
In the implementation of the training program, the training presentation is provided to the participants digitally. In addition to the presentation of basic information about climate change and global warming in the training, it is ensured that the participants are active through discussion and group work.
Learning tools and materials
In this training, a presentation, worksheets and other documents created for discussion and group work on EU Climate Policies issues are used as teaching and learning materials.
Presentations, Audio visual and multimedia materials, templates, worksheets and other materials for exercises and practices are distributed to the participants. If there is a sufficient number of hardware such as computers, notebooks or tablets in the learning environment, all materials are provided in a digital format and studies are carried out in digital context.
Assessment and evaluation
In order to optimize the learning process according to the learners’ needs, the level of readiness of the learners is assessed informally by the trainer before or at the beginning of the training. At the end of the training, the EU Climate Policies Information and Awareness Question Sheet and the Training Evaluation Questionnaire are applied.
All participants who complete the training receive a certificate of participation showing that they have completed the “EU Climate Policies” training, with duration of the training is clearly stated.
EU climate policies, EU energy policies, EU sustainable development strategy